If you enjoy hot showers or cosy rooms, then boilers are an extremely important installation in your home. Not to mention, if you own a business a broken boiler can severely hinder daily operations. Broken boilers often feel like stressful emergencies, but by keeping your cool and following these easy steps, you will have your water heating running again in no time.
- Check your insurance: The first thing you should do if you have a broken boiler, is to check if your home insurance includes boiler repairs and replacements. Contact your insurance company to determine whether they can partially or completely cover repair expenses.
- Check your warranty: New boilers often come with a multi-year warranty offered by the manufacturer. If your boiler is relatively new, it may still be covered under warranty, in which case the manufacturer will likely replace your unit free of charge.
- Contact an expert: Because boiler function with gas, it is extremely important to hire a qualified expert to conduct any repairs. Damaged and malfunctioning boiler units can undergo incomplete combustion, which secretes carbon monoxide gas. This deadly gas is colourless and odourless, making it very difficult to detect. By always servicing your carbon monoxide detectors, and only hiring expert plumbers to service your units, you can ensure the safety of your home. Qualified plumbers will be able to properly install or repair boilers, and check the functionality and safety of the unit before completing their jobs.
- Consider your options: If your boiler is still new, it may simply require basic repairs and maintenance. If on the other hand, your boiler is outdated, you may want to consider investing in a new one in order to avoid more repair expenses in the future. Many new boilers now come with warranties, guaranteeing the functionality of your unit for years to come. Investing in a new boiler can alleviate the stress of future breakdowns. By talking to your plumber about your options, you can determine a solution that works best for your budget and circumstances.
- Stay Warm: If your boiler is not functioning you should set an appointment with your plumber immediately; however, in the meantime you should find temporary solutions to keep your home or business in working order. Renting an electric heating system, for instance, is a great solution to keep your home’s temperature at a bearable degree during the colder seasons—until your plumber is able to restore your water heating. While electric heaters are not as effective as central heating systems, they are worthwhile investments during emergency situations in which it may take a few days for your boiler to be replaced.
In order to expedite your boiler repairs, you should hire a plumber that offers emergency services. By taking these steps, and setting an appointment with your plumber as soon as possible, you will be able to resolve boiler issues without needless stress.